Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rides, junk food and a 1st place trophy



I am exhausted. We spent the past 4 days at the fair. My kids had a blast! They rode rides and ate junk food till they popped! I was even brave enough to ride the biggest scariest...most air timeiest ride at the fair...The Dream Catcher. I love roller coasters but this thing was phenominal! Not a roller coaster but a very high swinging pendelum with a spider looking arm thing on the end with 24 roller coaster type suspended chairs hanging on it. It takes you back and forth in the in the air almost going completely over the top but not quite...while all the time you are also spinning. It was awesome and my 15 year old loves that her mom will ride it with her! G rode the carousel at least 50 times over the weekend too!

I had the karaoke contest on Saturday. I was entered and so was my best friend Dawn. We didn't win but we did have allot of fun.

Today was the Gospel Sing and we were entered in a contest today for the title of Best Gospel Singer of Levy County. This time we placed 1st!!!

All in all we had a fantastic 4 days! Every bone in my body aches and I feel like I could sleep for a week but I wouldn't have wanted to miss a moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

<<<<---- Standing and Applauding!!!! (and still applauding)

Congratulations Karen!!! That is just wonderful!!! Yeah!!!!! I knew you could do it! that is just awesome!!! I wish I was there to hear it. I'm sure your family is just proud of you. the Lord was with you on this day!

Keep on singing!

Cheers!!!

 

Web Traffic Statistics