Friday, October 17, 2008

Cowboy Church


There is a horse park in Williston and every Thursday night at 7pm you will hear one additional commotion above the kids playing and barrell racing practice. The sound of a dinner triangle ringing out signaling a spiritual meal...the beginning of Cowboy Church. The service is held under a pole barn right in the midst of all the activity. As darkness falls the sounds of gospel music fills the air and you begin to feel the presence of God fall among the worshipers.

I had the priviledge of being among this group of true cowboys,(and girls!)...true followers of Christ, last night. I witnessed the baptism of a young girl that gave her life to Christ only one week ago...she was baptized in a sparkling silver water trough...and she came up clean! Thats the wonder and glory of God. We don't need a building or fancy clothes. You don't need a Sunday or a Wednesday. You can experience the presence of God where ever and whenever you want to.

One of my very best friends in the whole world is also my singing partner. We sing christian music and last night we were the musical guests at Cowboy Church. We always sing best when the presence of God is welcomed and acknowledged. Last night we sang great! We were asked...for the 3rd time now...if we had any CD's available for purchase. Our answer is always "not yet!". I feel the urging from God to go ahead with our plans to make our CD. We have been saying we will do it for months now and I feel as though this is something we need to go ahead and do.

Cowboy Church was a refreshing new experience for me. We were there as guests to provide music but I think the giving and receiving went both ways last night. As my friend and I ministered my goosebumps weren't from an October night chill...my spirit was aware of His presence and I welcomed the flowing spirit of His annointing.

10 comments:

kristinch1 said...

You should so make so CD's. Especially when your audience is clamoring for them.

Caryn said...

Karen, If you're interested, I know 2 people who both perform at their church. At least one of them is in a group with a CD out. If you want some information, here is their website....
http://backwoodboys.com/index.php

The guy on the right in the picture is my friend John.

(ps, I'm Caryn from Gvillemoms...)

Karen L. said...

Thank you both so much!! Caryn I am going on the website right now to check them out and I will definetly contact them for some info and help!!

Mom! Dude! said...

I love this: "We don't need a building or fancy clothes. You don't need a Sunday or a Wednesday. You can experience the presence of God where ever and whenever you want to."

Perfect...and so true!

And I'd love to hear you sing sometime...keep me posted on your gigs and I'll try to make one.

Karen L. said...

Thanks Jam...I will give you a heads up next time we are playing closer to your neck of the woods!

Unknown said...

And now that is one BIG AMEN!!! to what you said about buildings and clothes, etc...to worship an Awesome God. I agree with you 100% and I pray that the Lord will give you or help you find sponsors for this CD but I think it will be worthy of your ministry.

Safe hugz!

Unknown said...

Karen- how often does Cowboy church - is it every week? is it something we can come and experience there? advise?

Karen L. said...

Dee, they meet every Thursday night at 7 pm. I have placed the link for their myspace page below. Everyone and anyone is welcome...


http://www.myspace.com/cowboychurch

ImagineMel said...

that little girl is my neice...if you know the background on that little one, you'll know how very, very good GOD is!

Karen L. said...

Wow...can you imagine!! What a small world. She was very happy and the baptism was one of the most unusual and most genuine I have ever witnessed...

Someday maybe you can fill me in on the story...

 

Web Traffic Statistics