Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Indescribable...

It's the only word I can think of to describe working last night on the CD! The down side is our next studio time isn't for two weeks, but we are so busy with other projects right now that I know the time will just fly by. We got two tracks down last night and the guy doing the recording for us will be working on the mixing and editing in the meantime. I had only been in a recording studio one other time and that was when I was about 17 years old so I had forgotten the magic of listening to a song 'come together'. It was truely indescribable...

Now we have the county fair quickly coming up. I am in a karaoke singing competition and in a 'gospel sing' there too.

G is still sleeping and it is 8:38am as I am typing. Thats a little odd. It's funny how she chooses mornings that I am inevitably awake early to sleep in...but any morning that I am able to sleep in,(sleep in being until 8am), she is up by 6:30 or 7!

I have Christmas on the brain and I know that is adding to the slight euphoria that I have been feeling the past couple of days. It doesn't help that Walmart has set up their Christmas section when it isn't even Halloween yet! G saw all the trees and decorations and now it is a mandatory stop to ooooh and ahhhh every time we enter the store. The kids have been giving me Christmas list items already too!

I truly love this time of year! I feel the season brings the world a little closer for awhile. There is a little more kindness, a little more compassion, a little more giving and a little more peace. The gearing up for the celebration of the birth of our Savior brings more thankfulness also. I am thankful this morning. Thankful for my family, our health, our home and our needs met. I am thankful for the joys in my life and the sorrows that help me to more appreciate the joys. I am thankful for the friends I have , especially for one that is becoming closer everyday and sharing this new spiritual and musical adventure with me. I am happy today and I know it comes from beginning to fulfill a dream I have carried around with me for a lifetime....

thank you Dawn...

4 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

Beautiful, Karen, you have a wonderful spirit! Glad things are going great for you!

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice how some things just fall into place...and good things continue to happen. All in God's plan...& will. Can't wait till the CD is done.

Anonymous said...

I thought about you at the fair on Monday night because they had a little bitty recording studio set up for karoke. $10 to make a CD.

Karen L. said...

Kristin that is so funny because the people that run that booth also do the karaoke at Backyard BBQ in Newberry and I was out there on Saturday doing karaoke and the guy running it kept telling me to come out to the fair and make a CD!!!

What a small world!

 

Web Traffic Statistics