Thursday, October 2, 2008

Birds, Money, Sleep and I Won!

What a beautiful day. I woke up this morning and the thermometer(sp?) outside read 52 degrees. I had my windows, sliding glass door and my front door open until 1pm today!! G and I sat this morning in the quiet and listened to the birds singing outside.

Best of all this means my light bill won't be $330.00 this month!! With the cost of everything else going up it is nice to finally feel the temps outside dropping so at least the electric bill will go down. I cannot believe how expensive everything is! It seems like everytime I go to the grocery store certain items are a few cents more. This has been going on for a few months now and I have definetley seen the difference in our grocery bill. I try to do the coupon thing but don't always get to the paper boxes like I should to get the Wednesday and Sunday papers. I am going to try and do this though because I feel like I could make a more substantial difference in our grocery bill, especially feeding a family of five!

I am tired today. G and I stayed home all day and played. I have some sleep to catch up on but I don't know when to try and do it. If the girls would come home on the school bus I could try and catch some Zzzzz's but J has flag practice three times a week and we have church on Wednesday. That leaves Friday and there is usually a foot ball game then. Saturday everyone else but me sleeps in and on Sunday I am up and on the go for church. Ugh...

I won a contest today!! Nothing huge, but still I won it! Well, I co-won with someone...but it still counts I think....I have been sitting here trying to think if there has ever been a time in my life that I won ANYTHING...and I don't believe I ever have...not even a scratch off lotto ticket. So this is a big deal for me!!! I won for posting the most on a forum website I love to chat on, (hubby says I am addicted). I love the site because it has other moms and dads on it...real grown ups to talk to!! If I need advice or want another opinion on something I can post there and have several 'experts' that will respond with great insight and won't be wary of saying what they really think about something. Thats refreshing!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

TIRED!!! No Way!! You are a super mom, remember? You can handle anything.

I am the first family member to reply to your blog the rest of them were to shy to admit they are related(Ha Ha Ha) just joking

I have to read your blog or I would not have any idea you won a contest (congratulations!!!)

"c"

P.S. thanks for keeping my drama practice out of your list of complaints

Unknown said...

Karen- first Congratulations on the wins! Second, I 'm going to throw your own advise to me back to you- get plenty of rest (LOL-don't you just love it?) and yes, coupons will help save money with groceries!

Safe hugs!

lol

 

Web Traffic Statistics