Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pets


I am a pet person. I have to admit I love my kitties. They are just like family members.

My sister lost her dog today. They had her since she was a puppy and their kids were little. I'm not sure of her age, she was either 13 or 14, but her age doesn't really matter. Her name was Tasha and she loved her family. My sister, her husband and their two children belonged to Tasha in every way. She protected them and loved them dearly and I am very sorry for their loss. I am hurting over the loss and over what my sister and her family are going through. I wish I could ease their pain but I know there is no way to do it. The loss of a loved one, whether it is animal or human
, is something you ride through like surfing on a wave. I will be praying for them as they learn to live their lives without her presence.

2 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

Karen, I'm so very sorry for your sister's loss. I, too, am a pet person. Someone told me when my oldest was born, that I would no longer feel the same about my pets...that I'd probably want to get rid of them. HAHA! This may sound weird to anyone other than another pet person, but I actually love my pets more...how can I not? They smiles and laughter and wonder the animals have brought to my boys' faces and hearts? How could I ever get rid of family members that my kids love so much? Never.

Your sister's family (fur AND flesh) are in my prayers!

Unknown said...

It is never easy to loose a pet. Pets in every way is part of your family. I'm sorry your sister has had that lost.

Its been a year this month since our cat, Scratchie died. I will never forget that day, and until this day have a hard time forgiving myself for letting him die at the vet hosptial. I think he knew something was up the way he was acting and the fact he laid on my chest for a long time was unusual for him. We still have his ashes by his picture.

safe hugz to you and your pet family!

 

Web Traffic Statistics