Saturday, September 27, 2008

Did Someone Say Rest?

Why is it that when a kid...or a husband...get sick they get to cuddle up, have everything brought to them and be coddled over until they are better...but that when I get sick everyone sort of just goes on about doing what they would normally be doing? They will all tell me to go rest, to lie down but then they go on about their business and they don't realize that I have stuff that HAS to get done!! When the kids get sick they don't have to remind me to feed the cats, or tell me to answer the phone, or remind me there are dishes starting to pile up in the sink. Miraculously these things and more still get done. So I have been trying to rest all day but every time G needs something, everyone else is too wrapped up in what they are doing to listen to her so she comes to me, (she knows Mommy will listen). Then when I get up to take care of the things that need to be done someone inevitably says to me, "what are you doing...I thought you were supposed to be resting?" ...and I want to slap them...because the one that says it to me is usually playing a video game or watching a TV show. So I explain...yes I am supposed to be resting but G needs help to go potty, or the cats have no water, or the phone was ringing and no one else was going to answer it!!!

How am I supposed to kick this thing if I can't get any rest??



4 comments:

ImagineMel said...

hang in there!

:)

ImagineMel said...

Thanks Karen! Maybe I'll print it and hang it up on my wall! :)

And as for the little boy...he's grocery shopping for me today. I am very, very blessed.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! I've asked myself the same question a couple times. Things just don't slow down for moms and sometimes even the dads don't get it! Hang in there! I'm glad you did go to the doctor! Imagine if you'd just tried to kick this thing yourself! Take care of yourself the best you can!

Unknown said...

Karen! Karen! don't you know??? We mom's don't get that priviledge. It's a mom thing. One way to cure it (which might work) the next time they are sick (the older ones and dad) maybe you can do until them as they have done unto you so they can see how you are feeling. You don't have to do it, but sometimes that may cure the problem.

But as long as you are the mom- they will take advantage of you. Sad as it may be...but its the reality of motherhood (or life).

But hey, you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Yes?! I think so!

 

Web Traffic Statistics