Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is It Ever Going To End?

I think I over did it. Yesterday I was feeling a little better and G was feeling ALLOT better. We went to dance class and dinner with some friends after class. This morning I woke up at 5am like normal but had a really bad sore throat and that icky feeling from a couple of days ago was back. I popped three ibuprofen and laid back down for an hour. When I got back up I still felt yucky..."but I am done being sick", I thought. I had plans today and by gosh I am not going to be placed back in lockdown this soon! I stayed home till 3pm then decided there were some things I just HAD to get done. I went and bought a new battery for my "mom van", (sorry for stealing your term Suzy but I just LOVE it!!). For the last two weeks it has been sluggish and I didn't want to be stranded so off I went. $84.00 and an hour later one errand is done!! Now I just need to get gas, pay a bill and do a weeks worth of grocery shopping for a household of five! Now the van is running happily and I am off to my local Super Walmart..(I prefer Publix but have to drive 40 minutes to get to one from here and that's not gonna happen today!!) I meander my way through Walmart praying I don't see anyone I know because I am feeling so bad and know I look even worse. I am getting everything on my list and trying to go down every aisle so I will see anything we need that I may have neglected to put on the list. My buggy is getting heavy and I begin to dread checking out, (I am one of those shoppers that organizes the items when I put them on the belt so they will be bagged appropriately). Finally I enter the check out lane to face the perky smiling cashier. She glances at my full buggy and says, "Wow..hold on one minute while I go and get another cart for you". Okay...that was nice of her, she must know I am going to take awhile unloading all of this stuff. All I want at this point is some more ibuprofen. My throat feels like it is almost completely shut and swallowing has become an event I need to brace myself for because the pain is ridiculous. My head is spinning and I have all kinds of junk in my throat. So in the line at Walmart I decide I am still sick.....bummer. I am switching back and forth now between unloading one buggy and reloading the second one. All I can think in my head is, "please hurry...I want to go home". But Miss Perky is talkative and smiley..can't she see how much I don't want to chat right now? And why am I smiling and acting like everything is great? Finally my buggy is empty and I am caught up in loading the other one while Miss Chatty weighs the bananas. Okay, all I have left is to give her my coupons, pay and go. Slight, temporary elation sets in when I see I saved almost $8 with all my coupons!! Now back out to the van and I remember I now need to load it all into the van now to go home. Thats not so bad because the van is just the right height and loading the bags and boxes is easy. On the way home I call ahead and tell everyone I am sick and I am not unloading anything. When I pull in there are my sweet girls. They unload the whole thing and even helped to put it all away. Are these the same two that argued with each other through the shower from hell yesterday?

Now here I sit...three ibuprofen later and not really feeling all that much better. Let's see what tomorrow brings....

3 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

Do you ever gargle with warm salt water when you have a sore throat...my mom (the nurse) swears by it. It really does work. That, and hot tea with lemon and honey. That my sore throat trick.

Keep telling yourself, "I will NOT get sick, I will NOT get sick"!

*And I'll say it a few times for ya, too!*

Jam

Karen L. said...

Wow Jam...I have to say we think alike. There was a post not too long ago on gainesvillemoms and someone had lost their voice altogether and was asking for help/advice. I replied to her to gargle with warm saltey water and then to drink honey lemon tea lol. Thanks for the good advice!

Karen L. said...

oh yeah.....

"I will not get sick!"

"I will not get sick!"

:)

 

Web Traffic Statistics