Friday, September 12, 2008

A little about me...

OK...here goes. I love to read other mom's blogs so I thought I would give this a shot. I live in a small town and do not work outside the home. Stay at home mom just sounds so lazy so I am trying to come up with a new phrase for all of us moms that do not work outside of taking care of our families. How about I am an 'On the go mom' or OTGM?

I have one daughter in Drama, one daughter that does Flag Corp, and a third in a Ballet, Tap, Jazz Combo dance class. So it seems I usually have a play...a football game or a dance recital to be attending. We are also a christian family and attend church regulary so you see where my OTGM fits right in.

My only complaint I have about not working outside of my family life is that I sometimes feel as though I lose myself. I am always so busy taking care of everyone that I never have time to take care of me. Yes I do know how blessed I am to be able to stay home and be here with my girls but I sometimes feel so left out of the 'real world'. I worked for nine years in the busy real estate industry and miss all the corporate board meetings and deadlines to meet. I don't miss feeling guilty when a child was sick and I could not make it in to the office, or feeling guilty because I made the decision that morning to send that child to school when deep inside I knew she would have benefitted staying home but I had a really busy day and did not want to fall behind or have an angry frustrated boss to deal with!

So being here at home for whoever needs me is where I chose to be at this point in my life. My daughters are 16, 15 and 3...and yes the three year old was planned. Everyone in our family thought we were insane to have another child when the two we had were almost to the self-sufficient stage! I was 39 when G was born and I don't regret it for a minute!! I was/am a much better mom this time around when it came to dealing with the infant zone, the toddler zone and even now with her running around, a preschooler, thinking she surely knows it all!! So my next big desicion coming up is to home school or not...

I am also a singer. I sing with a partner from church. We sing mostly contemporary christian praise and worship music. We are in the process of making a CD together...not for resale but to be able to let other churches hear us so that maybe we can travel a bit to some different places and share our music ministry.

My husband works in law enforcement. I have learned in our 10 years of marriage that this is one of the most stressful, non rewarding jobs anyone can do. It takes a very specific type of person to do this job and , I might add, a very tolerant person to be married to someone in this line of work!!

So this is my first official blog attempt...a little about me

Now you just need to let me know what you think!!

Karen L.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! YOU did it!! I'm proud of you. Now the trick is to keep up with it.

I enjoyed reading more about you and your family. I look forward to hearing more.

I am linking your blog from my blog so others can come read more about you!

Safe hugz!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world Karen!

Unknown said...

On the go Mom- OTGM!!! I just love that! LOL!! you are so brilliant.

I have to remember that one. I don't know how I missed the first time reading your blog...maybe I was just excited that you finally did it.

OTGM!!! zoooooooooooommmmmm!!!!!

 

Web Traffic Statistics