Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Quiet Sad Day

G had a nightmare last night at 3:32am. I heard her crying out and went into her room to snuggle up next to her. She didn't fall back to sleep until 6:30. Between 3:30 and 6:30 we dozed, snuggled and whispered to each other. I crawled back into my own bed at 6:30 only to get back up at 7:10 to watch my girls get on the school bus. After hubby went to work I snuggled up yet again until 9:20. I knew G would probably sleep in since she was up for 3 hours in the night but I also know I don't sleep well after 9 in the morning so I got up.

Last night my voice decided to go bye bye just before bedtime. I was curious to see how G was going to feel about me not talking above a whisper. She was so cute this morning when she woke up. I went in to see her and when she heard me whispering she took my face in her hands with her face only inches from mine and whispered back to me, "Why are you whispering?". I told her mommy's throat was sore and my voice was tired. So all day today until the girls got home from school G and I whispered to each other. Everytime she had something to say to me she would stop what she was doing and walk over to me and whisper it to me. How sweet I thought...I told her that she didn't need to whisper, that only mommy's voice was sore but she told me that she was going to whisper too. My house was so quiet all day! The tv was lower than usual and when the phone rang it was like an ear shattering noise breaking the silence!

So I am missing church again tonight, but I won't forget to pray for all the kids and the families from the tragic bus crash yesterday in Marion County. Please remember them in your prayers too. I am outraged that the semi driver didn't even see them! They were at a complete stop with the lights and signs out too!! One of the kids on the bus reported that they saw the semi headed towards them and knew that he wasn't going to stop. She said she thought they were all going to die...how terrifying for her..for all of them!! Then to top it off the Marion County School Board notified the parents with an AUTOMATED phone message..AUTOMATED!!! How could they do that! There were only 21 parents to call...how could they be so impersonal about it? They also told the parents not to go to the scene of the accident. I know it can cause distractions but those are their children! They would not have been able to keep me away. I know some may think thats foolish but to sit and wait when my child is hurt and/or scared and needs me...I just could not do it....I also know they want you home to be able to get the call to let you know what hospital your child is taken to but this day and age most of us have cell phones and call forwarding...I would have gone to the crash site...I would have needed to...

4 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

It is so sad. I cannot, make that I do not want, to imagine bearing their pain. Losing a child is truly hell on Earth. We lived through it once, I pray: never agin. I think the only thing worse would be to lose a child, but never know what happened to him or her. To have them simply....lost...and never know. That would be the end for me. But there is a trust fund being set up to help the girl's family with expenses. That at least proves there are many people out there who care.

I hope you finally get to feeling better - for good! I'll keep up the chant: She will NOT get sick! She will NOT get sick!

Unknown said...

I have to agree that the school bus situation is very sad!

As far as the ER show-I've been a big fan of it also, but for some reason last year I missed it. I'm not all sure why.

but the whispering with G- that was soooooo cute and so considerate of her to whisper with you.

Mom! Dude! said...

Dee, where are you? How are you? K and I were just talking about you and have been very worried about...you haven't posted or blogged (that we could see) in a couple of days. I'm going to send you a PM through the Moms board. Please check it out.

Karen L. said...

Hey Dee...I am so glad to hear from you. I will send you a pm too.

 

Web Traffic Statistics