Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lock Down Day Two (and a half)

I am in the sick zone. This is when all the things you thought HAD to be done don't get done because someone is sick and life goes on 'hold'. G is miserable. She is coughing like crazy. We missed dance class on Monday, a playdate yesterday and today we will miss church. My husband, bless his heart, was voluntarily booted to the couch on Monday night so that G could sleep in our bed. Thats a rarity in our home as we believe everyone needs to sleep in their own space but sickness, really scary dreams and bad storms override the rule. Last night she slept in her own bed and I listened to her cough all night as she slept. I wish they would either make a cough medicine that works or just admit they can't do it and stop trying to fool us all! Everyone I know says Delsym is the best over the counter you can buy but I really don't think any of them help. My husband drinks double the dose,(dangerous, I know!!!), then passes out from all the meds and swears it works because he takes enough of it. I am a stickler about dosing meds just right and a 1/2 teaspoon of Delsym every twelve hours doesn't seem to do a thing. I won't even use the multi symptom meds they make for colds these days. I have seen too many cases of parents over medicating when using them and even though I know I'm careful I just don't like them in the house. So here I am with G huddled beside me watching Playhouse Disney while I type. This is day three on Augmentin and I was hoping she would have been alot better by today. Maybe I will call her pediatrician and see what they say. She spent 7 days in the hospital with pneumonia when she was 15 months old and I don't ever want to end up there again! Another mom I know is in the hospital now with her son fighting a nasty virus...(we're praying for you both Dee)...so I know whats going around isn't anything to mess with.



As a mom there is nothing I would rather be able to do than remove illness from my child. Until I figure out how to do that I will be here, in the sick zone... on lockdown...watching the world go on around us.

3 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

Your poor baby! Mine keep passing it around...each takes a day or two with it, and then circles it around to the others. But they just have your run-of-the-mill head colds. Your baby really sounds SICK!

I'll be praying for her!

Jam
(Triple A Mom)

Unknown said...

This just sucks, ha?! Must be a bug going around. I know Tim's virus turns out to be pnuemonia and possible collapse lung. But yes take her to her Ped's to be on the safe side-better be safe than sorry later. Give G a hug for me and I'm praying for her recovery as well. Sweet thing! Safe hugz to you Mama Karen!

Mom! Dude! said...

How's life in lockdown today? Hope your princess is feeing better!

Jam

 

Web Traffic Statistics