Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ugh...I am sooo busy this weekend

Last night I went to my 15 year olds football game to watch her do the halftime show, she is a 'flag girl'. I thought they were awesome!! She was smiling and had on some rockin' blue makeup and she was all sparkley and so very pretty... but then all the girls came off the field and their coach LIT INTO THEM. So I stood about 5 feet away as their coach chewed them out naming off who did what wrong and how the entire routine was horrible!! I was just about to run over and tell coach to stop being so hard on them and then I realized this is part of being a team player. This is how they all learn that life isn't always wonderful and that they are responsible for how they perform as a team. So I sat by and listened. When coach was done my daughter looked at me through her sparkely blue eyelashes with shame on her face. She walked over to me and said, "We sucked" (oh how I hate that word..), and I said that I thought they were great, (and I really did so I wasn't fibbing to her), then I told her that her coach saw all the mistakes that we as untrained observers can't see. Then I told her that the other schools flag team dropped the flag TWICE and that made her smile as she said, "Oh I am so glad it wasn't us". Later when the game was over she told me that her coach pulled her and one other teammate aside and told them they were the two best performers that night. So she learned two lessons... 1) She is responsible for the performance of the whole team not just herself, and 2) When she does her best, practices and is devoted to learning the routines she will get the personal satisfaction of recognition of a well done job from someone that matters ...not just mom who always loves her show!!

So now it is Saturday morning and I just started doing my mountian of laundry because I have no time left for the rest of the weekend until Monday morning, which will be too late because everyone needs clean clothes before then!! We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon and then my friend, our kids and I are going to a local restaurant for dinner and karaoke singing!! Tomorrow our church is having it's ten year anniversary celebration. We have guest speakers and musical guests and lots of food and fellowship! I love my church family and always have such a wonderful time. So my weekend is full but it will all be fun.

I may not be able to write again until Sunday night but I will have plenty to share by then!!
Thanks to those who commented...it's nice to know we are not all alone out here and encourages me to keep writing.

Back to the laundry!!

Karen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having a busy weekend!! I may show up for church tommarrow-see how I'm feeling. But sounds like you have a full & fun weekend!

 

Web Traffic Statistics