Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Blues

Well, here I am Sunday night as promised. My weekend was busy as expected. We had a great time at the birthday party. Afterwards we went to Backyard Bar B Que in Newberry and sang karaoke...we even got the kids in on it!! It's nice to have a place to go do that and not be in such a 'bar' setting. Yes they serve alcohol but it is a family restaurant and there wasn't all that cigarette smoke to deal with!!

On the down side my 3 year old isn't feeling too well. She is feeling just yucky enough to be a little cranky but not so bad that I'm thinking she needs to see the doctor. Her nose is stuffy, then she starts to feel feverish but it never registers over 99 degrees. Her poor nose is bothering her more than anything else. She is supposed to go to dance class tomorrow but we will have to see how she is feeling. She won't be happy if she misses dance class!

Church was great today! It's always great but it was extra great today, we had a group called 'Pureheart' as our musical guests today and they were awesome!!

So Saturday was fun and today was fun too but I am feeling all kinds of blah inside. Why do we do that? Why do we feel all gloomy and yucky when we can't find anything specific to be gloomy and yucky about? I guess it all comes back to my first post and my feelings of sometimes losing myself in everything going on. But I am exhausted now and my creative juices are all dried up. So I am going to sign off with this....I will make a real effort to revive myself and my inner spirit and come back tomorrow to post with something new and exciting.

Karen

3 comments:

Suzy A. Richardson said...

Hope ur baby feels better. And did someone say Backyard BBQ?! My Favorite place!!!! YUM.

Mom! Dude! said...

Hey, Karen, good work here! I just started my own blog as well, so from one newbie to another, let's rock this blogging world!

Jamaica
(Triple A Mom)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Newberry's in forever! I hope next time we make it we run into ... especially if there's karoke. I'd love to hear you sing!

-Sarah
http://raisingboys.gainesville.com/

 

Web Traffic Statistics